I’m addicted to buying new decks.
Decks I’ve acquired in the past year:
- Prisma Visions – my new favorite deck
- Shadowhunter Tarot – decent, very true to tarot and series
- Ceccoli Tarot – interesting, but sometimes confusing
- 78 Tarot – lovely, haven’t used much, though
- The Legend of Tarot – freaking awesome
- Steampunk Tarot (McCullough) – super easy to use and read!
- Homestuck Tarot – cute, but sometimes questionable
- Cheimonette Tarot – love it, but the court cards are tricky for me
- The New Tarot – my FAVORITE new companion deck
- Wooden Tarot (full deck) – gorgeous, but challenging
- Raven Cycle Tarot (Major Arcana only) – LOVE LOVE LOVE, can’t wait for full deck!
I love making my own cards, too.
I’ve also been busy making more collage cards with my lovely group of tarot friends, and I FINALLY got around to updating my Collage-My-Own-Tarot page. It now has slideshows for all of the cards, since it was getting really cluttered with images. Some of my favorites:
I also love reading tarot for people!
I’ve been reading for friends here and there over the past year, and it’s fulfilling every single time. I basically ALWAYS read with two decks now. I learned this trick from my old friend Irmata, and it’s a technique I’ll probably never drop. What I love about it is that you can combine decks for different kinds of readings. I always have a main deck, then I choose a pairing. The pairing could be an oracle, another full deck that will add a different perspective, or — my new favorite — The New Tarot, because it’s a whole new extension to the original deck. I seriously freaking LOVE IT.