At the beginning on 2013, I set some goals for myself (yes, goals, not resolutions). So I thought it would be nice to revisit them now and see how well I did at keeping these.
Life Enrichment Goals
1. Go out once a month.
Going to the Mayan exhibit at the museum (January) Going to a Lindsey Stirling concert (February)
- Nothing (March) – boo!
Roller skating (April) Comicpalooza (May) New Orleans + Weird Al Yankovic book signing (June)
- Nothing (July) – boo!
Dallas for fun & games (August)
- Nothing (September) – boo!
GO TO IRELAND!!! (October)
- Nothing (November) – boo!
Winter Storm Adventure in Dallas (December)
I think 8 our of 12 months is pretty good, considering how busy our schedules were to begin with. And yes, that winter storm road trip to Dallas TOTALLY counts, even though it was technically just travel for a Magic event. It was unlike anything we’ve ever done or (hopefully) will do again!
2. Take some kind of dance lessons with my husband. We totally failed at this. :(
Health & Body Goals
1. Exercise at least once a week, for at least 30 minutes. Hahaha, um, this so did not happen on any sort of regular schedule. I tried, but it was not consistent.
2. Meditate for 10 minutes every day. I did this pretty consistently for the first 4-5 months, then dwindled, only using it occasionally.
Post weekly on my book blog. Succeeded, without a doubt. I’m still consistently posting close to daily, or at least 4 times a week.
Post weekly on my tarot blog. Hah. So this did not go according to plan, but I do think I posted more frequently — and at a higher quality — than I’ve done in the past. What I have learned is that I can’t force myself into a schedule when it comes to tarot blogging. I did publish 57 posts this year, which is technically equivalent to more than one per week, so. There’s that.
3. Bake something interesting once a month. This definitely did not happen. I did bake more often, and chase some more creative baking ideas than I had in the previous year or so, though. Again, it comes down to time and energy. Plus, I was more caught up in other creative projects this year instead of pastries.
Read 60 books by the end of the year. Okay, so I read 120 instead. WHAT.
And if there is time, I would love to…
2. Complete 3 (or more) of the video games in my backlog.
To the Moon
- Final Fantasy XIII
- Shira Oka
Civilization V Myst
(I also completed many other games that were added to my catalogue over the course of the year. Woot.)
3. Finish reading one visual novel. Sigh. I wanted to do this so bad, but I just didn’t. It IS on my goal for next year, though.
Play an awesome RPG. Definitely did this one! Tales of Vesperia, plus others I can’t even remember right now.
So it looks like overall, I met about half of my goals. Some were utter failures, and others were somewhere in the middle. Not bad, especially since it was a LOT of goals, and some of them were dependent on my husband.